Saturday 6 July 2013

France June 2013

As i blog about the exciting things i get up to i thought id give you a quick view of my trip to France!! As you can imagine Tuesday morning i was up really early for my journey to begin to France, i was up at 3am and as you probanly guessed rheumatoid dont much like early mornings! I eventually pulled myself together quickly added plugs to my case and my pjs and i was ready to go! The taxi arrived on time and as my brother took my case up i waited patiently then i was off to the airport!! Now for anyone the airport is a boring experience but being in a manual wheelchair it really is boring u get dumped in departures lounge until your gates called then your off on a bonus your first on the plane! Now im sure ive said it before but im not a fan of flying and to be sat alone was even worse! As we took off my stomach was grumbling and i was spelling my name in my head and counting then i feel asleep lol! Next stop Nice airport now remember ive never been here before! I was a little starlted to arrive to be told we dont have a lift to get off the aeroplane .. first thought... im going back to the UK lol second though OMG they are going to carry me down the stairs! I wont lie i was scared and at one point they put me down om the steps and i was literally 2 wheels on the steps and faceing downwards .. hands over eyes at this point and an old couple looking at me looking as scared as i was! Eventually got down and my wheelchair wasnt there like in the UK so i was like oh no french have lost my wheelchair lol BUT no it was with my case in arrivals! Then the exciting bit happened i met my lovely friend Jo who i met on facebbok i was so excited and so hot! We had a great day we went for a drink near nice and then off to get some cheese which i wont lie i loved and we brought some for later! We had a little tour til we got back to jo's and then we got ready to go out in the evening. We visited many new places (for me) and i met lots of new people and i enjoyed my food and got a bit tipsy enjoyed music festival Nice style!! French market on a sunday and talking english about what people were wearing! We laughed alot, we did sightseeing and even went shopping and lots of nights out of course! I can not forgot to mention the beach which was really enjoyable! A bit about france, if your in a wheelchair be wary of this beautiful country it isnt made for wheelchairs! Although being carried upstairs by fit lads when going upstairs in bars is an ovious highlight! Becareful not be caught short, accessable toilts arent as widely avilable as in the UK ... we found 1 in Momaco that was locked! But France does have fantastic beaches with areas just for those with disabilities and if you crnt walk you get a sunbed (bonus) and they help you in and out of the water, i crnt lie the lads are fit too that help you!! I met some fantastic people on my trip to France of course Jo who i really enjoyed getting to know in "real" life and all of her friends through out the week. Oh and i even got cheese to bring home with me which i admit was yummy! Oh and im not scared of flying any more no belly ache taking off to come home just crying because i didnt want to come back to the UK! I came home to start french lessons because when i go back (if jo will have me!) i want to have some basic phrases ready! with love v xx

No comments:

Post a Comment