Tuesday 8 April 2014

Having a friend with rheumatoid arthritis

My prospective as a friend of a rhuematoid arthritis sufferer

In 2012 i became friends with a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and it opened my eyes, because up until that point i had only heard a little bit about this terrible condition. It takes over your whole life and does its best to control what you do and dont do .
My experiences of being a friend of a RA sufferer are varied i have heard daily stories of unimaginable pain and ive heard screams of pain close up, and it brought me to tears hearing which makes me feel guilty as im not the one in pain, but its so hard to hear someone you care about in that much pain, but it's no where near as hard as actually being the one who suffers from it, as a friend i feel powerless because all i can do is be there with empathy and words of comfort.

By Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment