Saturday 5 April 2014

The past six LONG years

Its been a very long journey to now, 6 lond years, of pain, heartach, suffering and loss. Now im not talking about "loss" just about my wonderful mum but also the loss of my former self, of my independance of my mobility, its been a tough ride. But i believe that now im fighting BACK!!!

Now this fight back wouldnt be possible with out my medical team, Lynn, Prof buckley, Alison, Prof Deansfield, Fiona, Julie, June and my doctors at the surgery paricularly Dr southall, dr leci, dr pryke and Dr law .. wothout all these people i dont know where id be.

So firstly i STOOD up yup on my own 2 legs my strength is regaining which is so fantastic there is still hope, my knee still has give the fight is not yet to get me on my own two feet, i wanna be dancing with pals again!!

But you know i am eternally thankful to my team and i always will be because they have kept faith in me and kept with me through some of the darkest days of my life.

My family, without them by my side it would have not been possible, my lovely cousins my aunties, uncles, my brother for coming out with his big sister and of course my dad. But although the girls are only young they have kept me going when ive needed a smile or when ive needed a reason to keep fighting i just looked at therw faces and it gave me that kick ive needed to keep going.

Then we reach probably the most important people My friends now i am probably going to go on a bit here so i really do apologise in advance.

Firstly i want to mention my CHD community, thank you for being there for me, through the tough times through the scares thought the unknown, to learning more about TOF after my mum passed away you were there for me i thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. When i see us adult CHD's keep going and i see you getting married, having babies, achieving dreams, supporting each other it makes me smile knowing you all such good people xx

My Rheumatoid community the last 6 years have been totally mad for me but uve been there through thick and thin cheering me on showing your love and support an arm around my shoulder, knowing ur there has helped me over come so very much. Watching you all adapt at different ratws to rheumatoid makes me proud to know you all youve acvhieved so much. We are a crazy lot (i mean this in the nicest way!) but we have fun we laugh we joke but above all we are there for each other to cry on each other shoulders, to celebrate the milestones even if its a snall and igsignificate we know how significate it is to US. I am so proud of you all and love you guys loads xxx

Now we move to some SPECIAL mentuions from my life,grab a tissue you might need it!!!


Firsty up KATY, the past six years have been tough for us both but we are still here smiling and even buying clothes! I am so proud of you for everything youve achieved and everything youve been through your still smiling and going i know its hard but im always here for you. Your wee man is such a credit to you. We meet in 2004 in A2 Law whos have though 10 years on we'd still be friends and id writting about you in my blog! Whod have thought id even have a blog!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me through the good and the bad times, i know it crnt have been easy seeingf you friend going from walking and off on her travels every week to in a wheelchair but youve stuck by me and i thank you so much your a true friend xxxxx

CLAIRE, wow can you believe its been 6 years since we met? i still remember that conversation so whats wrong with you, i got chd and you had CD and i was like ah and thats been us ever since! We have had some fantastic times together, laughs and everything else! Lol shopping too! you could have walked away when i got worse in the early years of rheumatoid and eventually ending up in the wheelchair buy you didnt you stuck by me and we have still had lots of laughs! LOL snow and olly still makes me chuckle!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for always been there day or night, good and bad, walking and wheelchair and we both saw the olympics we said we would back in the planning stage! What am amazing adventure we have been on thanks again for being such a true friend xxxx


Joanna, we meet because of rheumatoid and im so glad we meet because uve have truely been there for me through some good and bad times and uve kicked me up the ass when ive needed it, uve positivly kicked my teams ass too, your a legend mate. Thank you for pushing me through France and showing me such a good time and introducing me to french cheese and wine haha!! I was and still am so proud of you for climbing killi you are such a brave women and you inspire me every day to keep going and fight my demons. Thank you for being a true friend xxx

Sam, what can i say about me and you!! Its been a long and exciting journey! We met back in 2002 12 years ago! We have been through so much, good and bad times, we always know just when we need each other, how to make each other smile in the bad times! i will never forget your face on the London eye it still makes me chuckle! Or the time a guy in London a statue was slapping people and u said if he touches my bum im sat here laughing at the very thought. I know its not been easy for you seeing me go through the last 6 years in particular but uve been there i can not express just how much i appreciate the fact uve stuck by my side, your my longest friend and ill always luv you and think of you as my bestie, even if you do support Arsenal!!! Thanks for everything xxxx

I can not physically name all my female friends but please know i love you all and appreciate you sticking by me in the good and bad times, i mentioned the four above for speical reasons, i mean after 12 and 10 years they do deserve a special mentione lol.

Now on the the boys!! Oh man this is going to be hard so many diamonds in my heart!!! Here goes!!!

Mark, here goes! We met on twitter of all places!! We have known each other a while now and guess what we met over, a manchester united shirt! We both shared a picture of our new white shirts and that was in we havnt not talked since!! We have laughed, cried, had arguments about manchester united and birmingham city together! My fav memory of me and you was going to Old Trafford i was so pleased i could take you and make you dream come true it warmed my heart, even though i have the wheelchair you pushed and didnt moan! You have stuck by me through the good times amd the bad times weve had a lot of laughs and uve really helped me when ive had no one else to talk to you were there like a true friend. Im well excited for your first gig in May, i hope we have many more good times together, your a true friend and never forget im here for you xxx

Duncan, what can i say? the last two years have been a rollercoaster, we have laughed, weve cried, weve celebrated weve cursed too!! We have had some fantastic times! me gettuing you on a walk round the grove in 30c heat lol you didnt moan though and i supplied the drink and ice cream! we have talked for hours weve sent millions of texts lol. we danced in manchester and we both got drunk. But through out everything we have always been there for each other through everything stood side by side, always got each others back. i know you know that i will always be here for you no matter how im feeling. I know i can always ring you/. text you just for a chat. We just clicked 2 years ago clearly cuz we are both awesome! Thank you in all seriousness for being there through the good and the bad times, and heres to some more adventures in Manchester!! Your a true friend and ill always be here for you and i know your always there for me xxx

Mike, short and sweet you are an absolute legend, you make me laughm you cheer me up and you make me smile. we have talked loads and i just wanted to thank you for alwsys being there, You umnderstand me on a level others dont and i thank you for that. Thank you for sticking by me. Im always here for you mile always never forget that. xxx

There are so MANY other people i should and could mention but my hands are hurting and my eyes are red from crying. You know who you are if you not mentioned by name i thank you from the bottom of my heart i thank you for your friendship for stticking by me.

For now im signing the last word can only go to a few people Sam thanka for puttinf up with me for the past 12 years its been eventful lol! Katy rememeber keep smiling things can only get better, claire lets have more fun. Mark thanks for being you, duncan always here for you forever and mike lets keep smiling :) xxx

love to you all xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment