Monday 12 October 2015

The facts

So I thought I'd start Arthritis week with some simple facts about me about my arthritis journey

Name... Vicky
Current age .. 30

Age when diagnosed .. 23
Diagnoses .. Rheumatoid arthritis 

Year I start using my wheelchair .. 26


Why they think I have rheumatoid .. Because of the stress of loosing my mum which happened in August 2008 I started showing symptoms shortly after 

What doctors first said to me

Cardiologist .. "I think you have rheumatoid arthritis Vicky, I hope you don't"
GP ... "I really hope you don't have it because you have enough on your plate"
GP ... "I'm sorry you have rheumatoid arthritis, it's going to be a long journey"
Rheumatologist "you have it, live with it"

Recently

GP "Uve had a bad hand delt Vicky"

Responses of family .. What is it? it crnt be that bad?
Friends ... What is it? 

My response " why is this happening to me, I have my whole life in front of me"

Thanks for reading part 1

Check out arthritis research uk this week for stories of many other suffers 


No comments:

Post a Comment