Thursday 18 December 2014

Review of 2014!!!

This year has been relatively quiet for me but I've had a lot of fun and been busy working on my self, but more of that in another blog, u know me I like a fun round up a medical round up and then a look forward to next year!!

2014 has been mainly football and music it's been a lot of fun! Where to begin I guess in cold January! 

It was due to be my traditionally hibernation and quite month! Instead my beloved team gave me tickets for the capital one cup in January! A cold night at old Trafford, off I went as the loyal fan I am haha! We lost but an exciting finish with penalties! Sunderland went through to the next round! In fact it was my first trip to Manchester of the year it was good to see the city! 

We then arrived in February and it marked my 29th birthday and in fact my last birthday in my 20s I had to do some thing! I received lots of beautiful cards from family and friends that made me smile. I had a hectic 29th! First up I was off to Thomas land in tamworth and I know what your thinking your going to Thomas land vicky why! Well it was lovely to spend the day with my uncle, cousin and my favourite two little girls! I waved frantically as they went in rides I watched for the pictures on the screens! I even had a good laugh at the roller-coaster my young cousin wanted to go on about 6 times .. Shame cousin vicky has a bad heart!! I then went home and went for a lovely birthday meal op at the pub and then home to open all my cards and gifts, it was such a beautiful day spent with family. 

Then we hit march! Now in November of 2013 I order'd tickets for maximo park at the academy in Manchester! Finally it was time Togo!! I brought a new black dress for the occasion! I was really looking forward to seeing the band I'd liked then for years but not seen them live. They were amazing! I managed to catch up with my friends Duncan and Eric which was lovely. We had a few drinks before hand saw the gig then well lost Duncan (lol) and ended up in town having a drink with Eric! Well I know I told everyone I needed the toilet going up the Main Street In Manchester!  It's not often I get drunk but for a change I did! Was a proper good night catching up with friends and seeing a band I'd wanted to see for many years!!

May was a mad month for me! I felt like I never unpacked! First off down to London with my cousin for the sunshine concert which was lovely, our first visit to the Albert hall! We stayed in a new hotel which was nice apart from having side door access for wheelchair users (the fire exit) and then to get to the bar we had to take the workers route in dusty hallways, because of being a wheelchair user! But the hotel was nice. Sunshine concert was fantastic with olly murs the main attraction! 

Then I arrived home unpacked and packed again! This time I was to Manchester to see the new supergroup Mcbusted. I was off to Manchester to meet my friend and then off to the hotel, a nice catch up then off to the gig. After we went back to the hotel and sat in the bar for a few drinks and a further catch up! Then on the morning a nice hot chocolate and breakfast before traveling home.

Then we go on to the final part of may for me. Again I packed for a long weekend and off I went to Manchester. I again met up with friends, Duncan and Eric as we went to an all dayer, though being in the wheelchair it's hard to keep a group together as there was a number of us. So ended up split up which is a shame as I felt a little isolated and unable to enjoy it with all my friends. But never the less I enjoyed seeing the chameleons live for the first time and I have to tell you they were TOP, and if you have the chance give them a listen you won't regret it. I also had the chance to eat at a new restaurant that was lovely food and ambiance. Then a coronation street tour which I thought was excellent although I do admit the cobbles are not suitable for wheelchair users, I kept getting stuck!! Waving goodbye to Manchester always bring a tear to my eye!

Then we go to the first weekend of June! Now I never expected to write this but I took my cousin to Old Trafford! Off we went back to Manchester! We stayed in the city centre for a change and then had a lovely meal which had a particular funny part, my cousin ordered an item that was in Italian! When the order arrived my cousin was Adamant it wasn't that so the waiter came over with the menu and said did u order this? Yes she said and handed over what she said she hadn't ordered, hilarious!! (It was much funner than this but I crnt really word it very well!). I'd been chatting to Duncan and we ended up in flixton! We sat there until we needed to get over to old Trafford and me and Duncan just talked and talked none stop, it was so lovely to catch up and have a good chat. Then me and my cousin went off to old Trafford to watch soccer aid and it was a decent match, I have to be honest Carolyn only went because olly murs was playing! We then spent a few hours waiting for a taxi lucky for us we had a good chat with the security guard and he let us sit in the hotel! We then went off to the bar in our hotel and rolled into our room at some late hour! The following morning off we went to the train station only for our train to be cancelled ops!! 

Me and my brother went off to Redditch to a night of comedy, the night of the World Cup semi final! We went off to see Jason manford and I have to admit I had the best time I've not laughed so much in such a short space of time! Me and peter both really enjoyed our evening a top night.

In August I caught up with my friend from Somerset and we went to a pre season game up at old Trafford, Manchester United v Valencia and our first look at our new manager. It was good to be back at old Trafford and seeing my friend. 

A break in the monthly but I thought I'd share this year I've been going to the cinema weekly and I've got to admit I've become a bit of a film lover! I go with my brother and we have seem many films this year, good and bad!

In August I went for a mini break to EuroDisney with one of my oldest friends and her son. We went early a 5am start! We went via Eurostar which was an experience!! We had a lovely few days and it was so lovely to spend time with Kate and her don't the journey home was via Paris and it was fun, we ended up in the first class lounge at London euston until our train was ready to leave back to Birmingham! 

Now it was time for my annual Disney on ice trip with my cousin and her children! The girls were dressed up as princesses and off we went to Birmingham. We had a lovely time the youngest was a bit nervous at the start but once one of her favourite princesses appeared she was happy. All four of us had a lovely afternoon.

My final trip to this point is my trip to Southampton in met a lovely friend carol, we had a good catch up and then off I went to the football a game I enjoyed but still shocked I managed to attend on my own. 

Over the Christmas period I'll be attending two more football games and I'll try and blog about these over the Christmas period.

As you can see I've had a few adventures this season and a lot of laughs. I only have one thing to say, regardless of disability go enjoy life and enjoy things you enjoy doing, don't let disability or in my case wheelchair stop you. 2015 I have more adventures plans but I'll tell you about that later 

Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment