Tuesday 24 January 2012

My Cousin

Many of us aren't particularly close to our cousins we see them as we grow up to talk to and play games with as i have with other cousins. But i have one cousin who is very special to me, why because we brought up more like sisters than cousins. We spent many hours together, i felt more like a sister than a cousin to her. She understands me without having to say anything. She was there for me through some dark days and some fun days, we have laughed and cried together, even to this day she supports me. Tomorrow i have a meeting with my support team and she's coming a long to support me and i dont know many cousins that would.

She held me tight the day of my mums funeral, she helped me get through that day with a smile and a nod of encouragement. She helped me choose the flower to wear, the music we chose together, we laughed at the memories and the music we choose afterwards. She made me feel like i was safe and it was ok to cry. She reassured me that things would be ok.

When my mum was in the hospice she was there for me, we had lunch together, she showed me round, she held my hand when i first went in because i was so scared. She just knew the right words.

She was there for me when i got my exams results, when southampton happened, when i left for university she made me cry with her kind words on a letter she wrote for me.

My cousin makes me laugh, shes there for me to talk to and for me to occastionally cry on her shoulder, she even does my reiki.

I count you as a sister more than a cousin because you have been there from day 1 the laugher and the sadness you never let me down or make me feel im going on to much. You're the best cousin a girl could wish you.

I love you with all my heart and i hope you know how much you've helped me over the years, life has been tough for me at times but you always make me smile.

All my other cousins i love you all and you have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment