Friday 2 December 2011

What is Rheumatoid Arthritis

I get asked this a lot from many different people so i thought i'd tell you in my words.

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, disabling auto-immune condition. My body is at war with its self, my white blood cells attack my joints because they think they are foreign to my body, just like a cold! How does it affect me, i have hot joints you can feel the heat through my clothes, my joints are inflammed and red because of the activity in the joint. Other affects insomnia i can never sleep but also fatigue its a pain i often have afternoon naps at 26! When i'm fatigued i can sleep 15+ hours a day! It is extreamly painful i like in constant pain every day.

Most common joints affected - hands, feet and wrists.

3 times more women get rheumatoid arthritis

in the morning im stiff it can take an hour to get up because im really stiff my joints are painful as they havn't been used over night.

basic facts .. in my words

No comments:

Post a Comment